Quote of the Day

Monday, August 18, 2014

Reflections on Week 1

1. I don't think that there is anything that is going to inhibit my participation in this class. I think that with the ability to see other students work on their blogs I am going to be able to participate in this class more than I ever have in any class that I have ever been on. I think that it will allow me to see what my fellow students are thinking and how I may be able to help them and how they might be able to help me. I think that the incorporation of technology in learning is a step in the right direction because our world is so dependent on it that we should teach kids how to really take advantage of it.
2. In math my teacher just taught us a way of easily remembering the entire unit circle and I just remember thinking, "Wow. Is it really that easy?" It really was amazing because I have been struggling to remember that for almost 3 years now, and I couldn't believe that no one had taught me that simple way to remember it. This took place just last week in Calculus and my whole entire class was just as stunned as me. I knew what was happening because everyone's faces just lit up with excitement around me.
3. I am most excited and concerned about the idea of open source learning in this class. It is both exciting and concerning for me because it is completely new. I'm also excited about the blogs that we have to set up because I think it is very useful to see what other people are thinking and how you might be able to help them. I think it adds a level of connectivity that is not found in the normal classroom environment. I look forward to learning how to really get my essays dialed in. I think this will make a practical difference in my life because it will help me to better communicate my ideas to people over written text rather than talking directly to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment